Welcome to ECSQARU 2019!
The 15th European Conference on Symbolic and Quantitative Approaches to Reasoning with Uncertainty (ECSQARU 2019) will be held in Belgrade (Serbia), on September 18-20, 2019.
The biennial ECSQARU conferences constitute a major forum for advances in the theory and practice of reasoning under uncertainty, with a focus on bringing symbolic and quantitative aspects together. Contributions come from researchers interested in advancing the scientific knowledge and from practitioners using uncertainty techniques in real-world applications. The scope of the ECSQARU conferences encompasses fundamental issues, representation, inference, learning, and decision making in qualitative and numeric uncertainty paradigms.
For ECSQARU 2019 we invite submissions of original papers on topics which include but are not limited to:
- Algorithms for uncertain inference
- Applications of uncertain systems
- Argumentation systems
- Automated planning and acting under uncertainty
- Belief functions
- Belief change & merging
- Classification & clustering
- Decision theory & decision graphs
- Default reasoning
- Description logics with uncertainty
- Foundations of reasoning under uncertainty
- Fuzzy sets & fuzzy logic
- Game theory
- Imprecise probabilities
- Inconsistency handling
- Information fusion
- Learning for uncertainty formalisms
- Logics for reasoning under uncertainty
- Markov decision processes
- Possibility theory & possibilistic logic
- Probabilistic graphical models
- Probabilistic logics
- Qualitative uncertainty models
- Rough sets
- Uncertainty & data
- Gabriele Kern-Isberner (email@example.com)
- Zoran Ognjanovic (firstname.lastname@example.org; also Local Chair)
Previous ECSQARU events have been held in Lugano (2017), Compiegne (2015), Utrecht (2013), Belfast (2011), Verona (2009), Hammamet (2007), Barcelona (2005), Aalborg (2003), Toulouse (2001), London (1999), Bonn (1997), Fribourg (1995), Granada (1993), and Marseille (1991).